A Spanish-inspired favourite, this one-pot paella is the perfect summer camping recipe. Just throw your ingredients into your frying pan and wait for the flavours to infuse-it doesn’t get much easier than this.
Try turning it into a chicken and chorizo paella or add in some of your favourite vegetables. You can also scale up the amounts to make a bigger batch for group dinners around the campfire.
Check out the full recipe below:
1. Heat a frying pan and add a splash of oil
2. Chop the garlic and onion then add them to the pan
3. Sweat the onion and garlic for a few minutes then stir in the rice
4. Let the rice cook for 1 minute before pouring in the white wine
5. Allow the wine to reduce down for 1-2 minutes then add the tomatoes, paprika and saffron
6. Pour over the vegetable stock, stir well and leave to cook for 10-15 minutes until the rice is tender. (If needed, add more water as the paella reduces down)
7. Once the rice is cooked to your liking, garnish with parsley and lemon juice before serving